Top 10 questions
Do you want to find out about hosting a party in one of the common areas? The first steps in making an alteration to your home? Or perhaps you’d like some information about pets? Scroll through and click on one of the questions/links to get an answer. Our top 10 questions are based on statistics taken from our customer contact centre, so hopefully that’s the best place for you to start looking.
How do I obtain a move-in permit (MIP)?
- You must apply for the MIP online on this portal at least one business day before the scheduled move. To apply for a move-in permit, visit https://mip.sakani.ae/MoveInPermit/MoveInPermit.aspx. The following documents will be required to be uploaded when applying for MIP –
• Ejari copy
• Emirates ID front and back
• Passport copy with visa page
Note: Homeowners may log in using their credentials and apply for the MIP. No further documents are required to be uploaded.
Where can I get access cards?
Tenants are requested to submit the below documents to their building concierge:
- Proof of tenancy or ownership
- Valid UAE identification
- Payment by credit/debit card
- Please note, for those acting on behalf of a homeowner or tenant, an authorisation letter is also required.
What is the window cleaning schedule for my tower?
- The window cleaning schedule for your tower is posted on the community noticeboards. For further information, you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there visitor parking available in my community?
- For information on the availability of visitor parking in your community, please contact your tower reception or the community security office. Kindly note that visitor parking is only for visitors; residents are requested to use their assigned parking bays only.
There is a maintenance issue within my unit. Whose responsibility is it to fix it?
- There is a defects liability period (DLP) of one year from the handover of the property. If your unit is within DLP, please contact email@example.com.
- For all other issues, you may contact the service provider of your choice. You, as the homeowner, are responsible, especially if the defects liability period has already expired.
I want to carry out some alterations to my property. Do I need to seek permission?
- Yes. Please log onto eservice.emaar.com and log your request.
What do I do if I receive a notice of violation?
- As mentioned in the notice of violation itself, you are required to comply within the time frame specified and ensure that the issue is not repeated in the future. You may also contact ECM on 800 EMAAR (36227) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any clarification you might require.
How do I notify the community manager about a cleaning or maintenance issue, or if there is any damage to the common areas?
- For urgent matters, please contact community security at+971 4 422 5791 or call us at 800 EMAAR (36227). For non-urgent issues, the easiest way to tell us is to email us at email@example.com
- If the issue pertains to structural defects within your unit/premises, you may visit our customer happiness centre located at Emaar Square, Building 2, Ground Floor, in Downtown Dubai. For accidents or claims, please contact the local authorities by calling Dubai Municipality on 800 900 or +971 4 221 5555.
I have a leakage inside my bathroom and the ceiling is damaged due to this. What should I do?
- – First, contact your preferred maintenance company for inspection. In case the leakage proves to be from a common area drain line, please contact your security for assistance.
- – In case of bathtub damage from the apartment above yours, ECM will notify the resident above of the same and they will be asked to arrange for repairs of your ceiling as well.
- – In case you have an existing Content Insurance, you can get this covered through this as well.
The water from the shower is not draining away. What shall I do?
- First, contact your maintenance company. In case the blockage proves to be in a common area drain line, contact ECM at firstname.lastname@example.org.